Today I filmed my first Streeter, which entails lugging a mountain of equipment to concrete beach, setting it up in the cold weather and awkwardly approaching people who are clearly avoiding me and my camera crew.
The purpose of this class exercise was to practice approaching strangers and warmly inviting them to partake in a short interview segment. Nothing fancy, nothing famous. I clearly disclaimed my professor would be the only one to see this. It won’t even make it to Youtube.
The questions we’re as follows:
- If you could travel to the future or the past, which would you choose and why?
- What advice would you give to your grade 12 self?
- What is the BEST feeling in the world to you?
Common answers for the first question were:
“I wouldn’t go to the future because of all the dangers I am learning about in class about progressive technology.”
“I would love to go to a previous decade in the past and see how people lived.”
Most of the answers for the second question were very similar –
“Have fun and relax.”
“Be more prepared, study well, make good habits.”
The last question varied the most in answers. People we’re able to be more personal and creative with answers like:
“Sitting by a campfire.”
“Going back home during Christmas break and being with loved ones.”
“Being in love.”
My answers to 3 questions would be:
- I would love to go back in previous centuries where some of my favourite TV shows and films were shot from.
- These people you’re trying so hard to please will not matter 2 years from now. There’s a larger place outside of high school, a place where you will thrive and find so much joy.
- Blasting music, being completely carefree with good loyal friends in obscure places doing spontaneous motions with endless laughter.
How about you?? What are some of your answers?