My friends often ask me how I find the time to meditate. Well, meditating is something that I do every day and everywhere. Whether on a bus, in a lecture hall or having a meal, I always take a few minutes to clear my mind and to listen to my body. This allows me to remain effective and efficient, and to work for long periods of time without becoming fatigued.
Once you make meditation a habit, you will find that it is a difficult one to let go of. Not only will you experience a boost in energy and focus, you will also be less stressed and anxious, have a lower chance of becoming sick, as well as a host of other benefits.
Physical Benefits of Meditation
With meditation, the physiology undergoes a change and every cell in the body is filled with more prana (energy). This results in joy, peace, enthusiasm as the level of prana in the body increases.
On a physical level, meditation:
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
- Decreases any tension-related pain, such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems
- Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
- Improves the immune system
- Increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energy
Mental Benefits of Meditation
Meditation brings the brainwave pattern into an Alpha state that promotes healing. The mind becomes fresh, delicate and beautiful. With regular practice of meditation:
- Anxiety decreases
- Emotional stability improves
- Creativity increases
- Happiness increases
- Intuition develops
- Gain clarity and peace of mind
- Problems become smaller
- Meditation sharpens the mind by gaining focus and expands through relaxation
- A sharp mind without expansion causes tension, anger and frustration
- An expanded consciousness without sharpness can lead to lack of action/progress
- The balance of a sharp mind and an expanded consciousness brings perfection
- Meditation makes you aware – that your inner attitude determines your happiness.
Other Benefits of Meditation
Emotional steadiness and harmony: It cleanses and nourishes you from within and calms you, whenever you feel overwhelmed, unstable, or emotionally shut down.
Meditation brings harmony in creation: When you meditate, you are in the space of vastness, calmness and joy and this is what you emit into the environment, bringing harmony to the Creation/planet.
Personal Transformation: Meditation can bring about a true personal transformation. As you learn more about yourself, you’ll naturally start discovering more about yourself.
How To Get The Benefits
To experience the benefits of meditation, regular practice is necessary. It takes only a few minutes every day. Once imbibed into the daily routine, meditation becomes the best part of your day! Meditation is like a seed. When you cultivate a seed with love, the more it blossoms. Busy people from all backgrounds are grateful to pause and enjoy a refreshing few minutes of meditation each day. Dive deep into yourself and enrich your life.