Being a university student comes with many associated characteristics. If you aren’t sure whether or not you have made the transition into university life successfully, then here are a few signs that you may not be as far from being a university student as you thought…
10 signs that you may be a university student:
- You say you’re going to the thrift store because you want that ‘vintage’ style, but really, it’s because a new shirt at Aritzia is $40, and it’s down to clothing or groceries.
- As soon as the words “Freshman 15”, “Student Loans”, or “Calc Assignment” come up in conversation, everyone you’re talking to gets really awkward and silent.
- You have experimented with every possible combination of peanut butter, crackers, and bananas because 2 out of the three of them are free at your residence cafeteria.
- Pajamas are perfectly functional items of clothing. You may have also given your bathrobe serious consideration too.
- You panic when your study carrel at Weldon is occupied
- You walked 20 minutes and took two buses to get to your classes in high school, but now a 5-minute walk to 10:30 psych is SO unreasonable. I mean, I think that’s grounds for lawsuit or something
- You sniff-test all of your shirts because your clean-clothes pile and dirty-clothes pile have unified on your floor
- You don’t sit on your couch with a bucket of ice-cream and drown your sorrows because of a bad break-up; it’s because you got a C- on a project worth 50% of your final mark
- After that all-nighter you pulled for an assignment, a table in an abandoned classroom is a perfectly reasonable place to take a nap.
- You know what a hash tag is, and use the term in conversation
Have you, or has someone you know, experienced any of these phenomena? If so, you may be a university student.